The ValCast
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ValCast brings you Starcraft II and other gaming leagues and semi-competitive matches!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TrojanVirus
Admin

TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread Empty
PostSubject: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:50 pm

Since I'm starting up the clan, I thought people could post their "progressions" through the game, and what they need to work on, so that people can give advice and such. If I ever have a replay I want analyzed, I'll post a link here.

[VAL] TrojanVirus

League: Silver

Race: Protoss

Ladder Win-Loss (Season 5): 1 - 0

Average eAPM: 85

Replays
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=242993
http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=246973

Last edited by TrojanVirus on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://valcast.forumotion.com
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Stream Addition   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:10 pm

I've finally figured out the perfect setup for me to stream. I'll stream most of the time when I ladder, and I'll cast tournament matches when there is one going on.

Visit and follow my stream here: www.twitch.tv/valentinoian

You'll know it's me by the banner.
Back to top Go down
McDoobyland

PostSubject: Re: Problems   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:51 pm

As for early voidrays and such, you should scout the opponent frequently with a sacrificial overlord and make queens and spores. The first voidray will probably pop out at around 6:30 if they go with one base. By that time, you should probably have around 2-3 queens and around 1-2 spores defending your base.

Early marauder and marine pressure can be a pain in the butt, but can be solved with banelings and lings. You just need very good control. If you can send in your lings first and focus your banelings on his marines, you should be fine. Around 2 spines should be placed for safety measures. This should all be done with 1 base, and after his attack fails, you can expand or scout to see his next move.

You can hotkey you're queens at each base to inject larvae and have easy access to your hatcheries. You can hot key you're hatcheries too, but I find it easier that you hotkey you're queens so you can inject quickly and you're hatchery will be next to you.
Back to top Go down
McDoobyland

PostSubject: Re: Problems   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Just another note, you can also go roaches and lings to focus on terran pressure.
Back to top Go down
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:27 pm

I've recently found pretty good defenses for a few things. I'm still evolving my strategy. Mass lings to hold my expansion are pretty strong.
Back to top Go down
egGuiltyspark

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:56 pm

Yeah, he's absolutely right, mass queens is so op vs. voidray. Don't be hesitant to get 2/3 per hatch as all the extra energy can be used to get amazing creep spread and great transfuses. Also, while your getting those queens quickly tech to muta (something your already good at) and make a decent amount of mutas. Mutas actually hard counter void rays and are extremely effective in good numbers.
Back to top Go down
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:59 pm

I disagree with the queens thing. If I knew that voids were coming, then it would be a decent strategy. But dumping hundreds of minerals into queens is not a good idea unless I have that scouting information, which is hard to get that early. I understand the "sacrifical overlord" but any decent player won't let me get to the Stargates if he has them anyway.
Back to top Go down
egGuiltyspark

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:17 am

That's a valid point, but I guess my play style is different than yours, as I am constantly producing queens early game, they are SO good. Even if you don't see the stargates, but you see some telltale signs, such as early 2nd gas, not many gateways, etc. go for those queens, as they are invaluable.
Back to top Go down
egGuiltyspark

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:19 am

Now, this coming from bronze level play, so my experiences might not translate to gold protoss...just telling you how I deal with it.
Back to top Go down
egGuiltyspark

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:20 am

My absolute biggest problem is protoss deathball, as I always seem to be stuck on roach hydra infestor, and armies of equal supply are just completely decimated. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
McDoobyland

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:10 am

As for the protoss deathball, it is really hard to counter. As a protoss player, I find that the protoss deathball can't be easily defeated.

However, I have found that my deathball is quickly diminished in the LATE game only to brood lords, hydra or ultralisks and hydras. But as of the middle to middle-late game, your own deathball may be the solution.
Usually the protoss deathball always overwhelms my opponent because of the wide unit composition.
I have lost my own deathball to Mutalisk- Baneling/Ling.
If you've ever heard of the Bane Rain, it's pretty effective at quickly diminishing deathball forces while your mutalisks deal damage from the side, and your zerglings will suck up a lot of the damage.
Note:(The majority of your army probably has to be zergling/ling with a decent amount of mutalisks mixed in.)

You will need the ventral sacs and over lord speed upgrade which is available at the lair.
You load up all the banelings you can in about usually 6-10 overlords depending on his army size. As your overlords pass over his army, you will unload all the banelings onto his army, while zerglings attack the front, mutalisks attack the sides and the banelings are at the heart of his army.
I find this method very good at killing my own deathball from my experience.

I hope this helps. pig
Back to top Go down
egGuiltyspark

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Thank you, McDoobyLand, I will go try out muta/ling/bane against protoss (something I only do against Terran). Finally, I won't have to rush to beat protoss XD. But another problem has arisen. As my MMR goes up, I am matched up against player that go early voids. Especially when they mix in some stalkers or pheonix, I have a very hard time dealing with this army comp. If I make mutas and roaches, my mutas are focused and shredded with the stalker/pheonix, and my roaches and the rest of my base is left defenseless from those voids. Any tips? (My earlier advice to Trojan doesn't seem to apply anymore as I'm matched up with silver opponents.)
Back to top Go down
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:45 pm

In the mid game, I always like to be way ahead of upgrades and go with mutaling against a deathball. I'm playing silver players on the ladder now, and I find that if I can upgrade faster than them, and get 3/3 cracklings, they can decimate a deathball. Focus the colossi and zealots with mutalisks and the stalkers and immortals with cracklings. Use numbers to your advantage. Spread out your lings and attack from multiple angles. I hate the "zerg deathball." I find it incredibly ineffective. It is usually best for Zerg in the lower league play to not get taken to the late game with maxed out upgrades and armies. You have to constantly be ahead in the army numbers and upgrades or you can fall behind.
Back to top Go down
SoulReaver

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:23 am

Hey guiltyspark, if you are having issues with toss here is the zerg secret weapon(s)

Ice Fisher Build!!!!!! learn it love it live every game pvz tvz by it. it is patented by VileSpanshwa and it is devastating midgame, and considdering u already utilize queens you should be more than comfortable with the 14 hatch/15 pool style.

secondly is mutalisk harass, if you can build up 15+ muta's and constantly screw with a toss's econ/pylon placement they have no choice but to stay on the back foot and let you expo/hivetech with little to no harassment. (15 is the magic # to 2 shot a pylon and unpower the protoss's oh so valuable robo or gateway)
(edit: the hivetech you reeeealy want is broodlord with roach ground support. an equal supply broodlord roach army will annihilate a protoss deathball as long as your opponent goes colossus, and they should because muta harass usually signals a mutaling composition, so we b tricky and skip lings all together)
as hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Since this thread is about MY progession, here's an update...

I've been playing silvers for a while now. I only have a few weaknesses, and the primary one is something I didn't expect to INCREASE when I got to silver players. I have been cheesed more today and yesterday than all of bronze league. I'm number 1 in my bronze ladder, but if I can't stop a zealot rush, I don't expect to be able to rank up.

So, I need advice on stopping a zealot rush. I think I know how to scout it, I just don't have the economy to get enough roaches that fast... The build is so aggravatingly cheesy...

I think I have a handle on most other builds. My ZvZ's have been crazy, as most are, but I have been winning the majority of those. The only other build I have problems against is the marine drop rush. Haven't seen it before silver. Guys rushing me with 30 marines in medivacs at the 8 minute mark... I just need some advice.

Zealot rush = so cheap and cheesy.
Back to top Go down
egGuiltyspark

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Hey Trojan.

I understand your absolute frustration, as I was at that point with zealot rush builds about a month ago.
Now this may seem counter-intuitive, but this is what I do.
FAST EXPAND INTO ROACH TECH
14 Pool
15 Hatch
Build only 2 zerglings, or none if you can manage it.
Get 3 queens up and running.
Use some awesome roach dance micro.
Kill all of their initial zealots.
They now have next to no economy.
Mass up some more roaches.
Move in, win the game quick and easy.
Back to top Go down
egGuiltyspark

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:31 pm

And
as for Z v. Z
10 POOL
As suggested in another thread, 10 pool is sooooooo effective. Like literally, my win rate in z v. z after using this build is 100%.
Get ling bling into mass roaches.
Back to top Go down
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:57 pm

I have already started 10 pooling in ZvZ. It's crazy, but it holds off cheeses.

The Zealot Rush, I stopped one today with 1 base roach. Went into a macro game that he wasn't prepared for. Razz
Back to top Go down
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Just as I'm feeling that I'm about to get to Silver... I hit a patch of Protoss players on the ladder. I lose to every single one with a 4 gate.

I cannot for the life of me find anything online that suggests a 4 gate counter. I have tried mass spine crawlers. I have tried 1 base roachspeedling... is a counter attack the only solution...? I scout it early, too. I just don't know how to hold. I need fast tips.

At this point, ZvP is my worst matchup. I haven't beaten a protoss for ages.
Back to top Go down
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:36 pm

AH FUCK ME. Terran banshee rush just pummeled me. I'm not meeting silvers on the ladder anymore...

I scouted that perfectly too. I suspected it... but then he came in with 6 banshees before I had my spire up. he took out my spores and I lost.

God I am so frustrated.
Back to top Go down
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 8:48 pm

and I just lost a ZvZ to Baneling rush into Roach. I am seeing strats I've never seen implemented correctly all within one session. I am in desperate need of advice.
Back to top Go down
SoulReaver

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:25 am

trojan tips:

pvz is the only matchup where 6 queens on 2 bases is permitted XD 3 spinecrawlers and 4 queens with transfuse energy once you hold off the innitial attack you should be on spire tech with mutas and 15 mutas = instant 4 gate shutdown.

zvt is a bitch, just sayin. I honestly cant give you advice there because i lose those 80% of the time.

and zvz is all about reflexes. u see lings, u go banes, u see roach, u get infestors asap. the only real rule for zvz is if you get into midgame "he who has more roaches always wins" as long as you have infestor support.

Last edited by SoulReaver on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
McDoobyland

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:34 pm

EgGuiltyspark,

I think you should go hydra and lings. Hydras are SO good against gateway heavy armies and can solve your voidray/pheonix problem.
Lings are very good against the stalkers, and you can pull your hydras to the back and deal massive amounts of damage. Grooved Spines upgrade available at the Hydralisk Den helps in this situtaion.
But later in the game, Hydras can get to be too slow and ineffective especially he goes all stalkers, hydras can be overwhelmed if he has a lot. I think you should tech up to mutalisks and harass his base especially what SoulReaver said.
Hydralisks should be a good solution.
Hope this helped pig
Back to top Go down
McDoobyland

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 1:39 pm

As for ZvP 4gate, I find my 4gates always succesfull, EXCEPT when the zerg player scouts it early and goes mass lings.
In my experience, PvP usually ends up in 4gate and they go Stalkers more than any other unit. This should help..

Mutalisks are not the counter to banshees, especially when you are on the spot. Hydralisks will work much better dealing with the banshee harass or any type of aerial assault.
Back to top Go down
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 6:06 pm

Mutalisks are the counter to banshees.... Banshees can't hit mutas. They can hit hydras, and mutalisks are much more mobile. There is no reason to go for hydras instead of mutalisks for handling banshees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread   TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

TrojanVirus - Progression and Replay Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next